Sunday, October 7, 2012

An Unclaimed Baby Quilt

Do you ever make a quilt for no one, for no reason?  I had made a lap size quilt and a doll size quilt from a jelly roll I had and had enough of the fabric left over to make a baby quilt.  I had sewn the top together quite some time ago and it was just waiting to be quilted.  I picked it up a couple weeks ago and decided to get busy.  I hand quilted it with straight lines through every line.  I added the rickrack to the edge because I have been on a rickrack kick lately.  I like the bit of character it added.  So now it is finished and just waiting for the next baby girl who needs a quilt.


 

2 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

Yes, I occasionally do that and it's not long before it finds a home. That quilt is just beautiful so I am sure you won't have it for long!

Jean(ie) said...

That is just too sweet! I love the ric-rac!