Sunday, October 30, 2011

Amy's Quilt Bloggers' Festival


Once again Amy at http://amyscreativeside.com/ is having her quilters blog fest.  She does this in the spring and fall every year and it is sew much fun to see all the beautiful quilts and meet new blogging friends.
The quilt I'm showing this year is my first attempt with perle cotton.  I love the look of it, but am not quite sure I have the hang of it.  It is kind of difficult to pull through the layers.  The pattern I used was adapted from one I saw using layer cakes.  This one was made using charm squares I got at a steal from Connecting Threads and some Kona cotton.  It turned out fresh and springy and although I am in love with it, I decided my sister should have it for her new house.  The great thing is, she loves it, too!





15 comments:

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I love this quilt! It's so sweet to give it to your sister :)

Jean(ie) said...

sandy, I love the hand stitching on this piece. it really pops everything out! great touch!

Miri said...

Terrific quilt! Lucky sister! :)

Jocelyn said...

Your quilt is so pretty. I love the hand stitching too.

Debbie said...

I think the hand-stitching looks fantastic! It gives a really unique and lovely touch to your quilt.

Elle said...

That's fantastic, and I'm sure your sister was delighted with your decision!! I've used perle cotton before, and it can be challenging, but the look is so great! I think I ended up using shorter lengths so I was not having to pull as much through, and that helped a bit, plus I used a needle with a slightly larger eye than I might have otherwise.. Thanks for the kind comments on my quilt, too, and for becoming my first public follower that I didn't already know! Glad to "meet" you, and looking forward to following along with you, too!

trish said...

Your quilt is absolutely adorable and your stitching is fabulous! :o)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous quilt - love it! Thank you for your lovely comment on my Quilt Festival quilt too :)

Kristen King said...

Beautiful quilt Sandy! I would definitely try using shorter lengths of perle cotton if you use it again...it really looks wonderful! I'm your newest follower! :)

Jane said...

My favorite picture is the last one of the folded quilt. Looks so simple & cheerful and comforting...just what a quilt should be!

LeslieUnfinished said...

How could your sis not love it? It's adorable!

Lyanna L. said...

I love the look the pearle cotton gave to the quilt - I want to try hand quilting a quilt like that one day...did you have to use an embroidery hoop or something to help with the tension?

Eileen said...

Great and vibrant quilt. Lucky sister to have such a lovely and colorful one. Nice accents with perle cotton Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Julie Fukuda said...

Such a sweet fresh looking quilt and those sashiko stitches are NOT easy to do through the layers. Great job!