Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pinwheel Baby Quilt


When I found this pattern for this baby quilt, I knew I had to make it. It is from McCalls by Eleanor Burns. I made it with retro fabrics to give it an old time feel. I added the yoyos. The original pattern had just plain white squares but I thought they needed something. And I like the way it turned out. I just happen to know a brand new baby girl who's momma will love this quilt. In fact, my oldest daughter has put in an order for one of these in a lap size. I pieced it by machine and quilted it by hand. I am just not brave enough to try machine quilting yet. Think I need to practice on something small and insignificant. Anyway, I love the finished product here.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Very cute quilt...love the colors (am a fan of 30's fabric) and also the prairie points.